Friday 26 February 2010

In the beginning.....

Welcome to my first attempt at blogging. For a long time I have been wanting to share my thoughts about life in Finland but wasn't sure how. Then recently I was reading a friend's blog and I was entranced. She is visiting from the US for a few months and is absorbing as much Finnish Culture and experience as she can. She has done more in the last few months than I have in almost three years and so puts me to shame. Her blog is a fascinating insight into her adventures - a record of her trip as well as keeping all her friends & family back home up-to-date on what she's doing and what she isn't! 

So, I thought, this is what I need - a blog - to jot down my observations and thoughts mainly about the differences between life in Finland and life back in UK but also about the changing seasons and my growing children. 

When I first visited Finland it was 1st March (almost 14 years ago to the day!) and there was snow on the ground. Six weeks later the snow had all melted and within days of that there were green shoots on all the trees. It seemed like only minutes later we were all sweltering in the heat! To me, then, Spring had lasted maybe 2 days and I concluded that Finland only has 2 seasons - freezing cold snow and sweltering heat! 

I was wrong, SO wrong....

No comments:

Post a Comment