Wednesday 1 September 2010

The worst blogger in the world?

picking wild strawberries at Midsummer
Midsummer stepping "stones"
Just popped in for a browse - it's been three months since I wrote anything - OOPS! Sorry! Here's what we've been up to .....
midsummer strawberries strung on a "tiimotei"
the beach in Kaarina where we swam in the sea
next to the church yard in Rymättylä

Chive Flowers - the regional symbol for the Archipelago
a ferry on the Archipelago
Rymättylä Church
The roof of the church in Rymättylä
The Church in Naantali
A summer version of "that" view!
beautifully handcrafted shoes at the Medieval Market
..at the Medieval Market
making medieval rings
2am after a midnight swim
Turkun Turkun! The official launch of the City of Culture programme for 2011

Rearranging these photos is a nightmare!! so you'll just have to wade through the mess to figure out what we did... here's some clues, though: at Midsummer we went to Karjaa and picked wild strawberries, in July we spent a day on the Archipelago, we also enjoyed the Medieval Market, swam in the sea and generally enjoyed the great weather. I even went for a midnight swim & picnic to celebrate a friend's birthday. 
-------------------X-----------------------

BUT the reason I popped in was to broach an idea - a photo a day. I love taking pictures (you might have noticed!!) and several friends are doing the same thing, for various reasons. I was thinking of a different theme each week. The BBC viewfinder Blog suggests a weekly theme for their readers and I've been enjoying their images, so I will use that, starting with BACK TO WORK from now until 7th September. I may or may not include a bit of blurb - hopefully most of the pictures will be obvious.

Please do let me know what you think - I'm going to start with my first pic tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos. I like the weekly theme idea. I have been slack too. Just busy and tired. I will post tonight--maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant pics ... I like the randomness

    ReplyDelete