Sunday 26 June 2011

Midsummer Madness!

At Midsummer (or more accurately, the weekend after midsummer) the Finns celebrate their biggest holiday of the year. We went to visit J's parents for the weekend 
  • a treat for me; no cooking, cleaning, or general "doing" 
  • a treat for the kids; full time attention from the rest of the family 
  • a treat for J; catching up with his parents as well as the visiting siblings and their progeny.
This time, J & I took the opportunity to take a couple of walks on our own... no kids... bliss! We also spent some rare "fun" time with the kids.  Monkey is staying with her Mummi and as I left she told me that she'll miss me, cos "we've had fun together, Mummy, colouring and playing on the swings". It reminded me to take quality more time with my husband and with my kids.

Mouse leads the way!


Monkey on the steps

Mummy showing the way!
Swinging

like this?
Feeling adventurous... Monkey was a bit nervous just watching!



well, it is a Finnish holiday!
Big Game Hunting
Wild Strawberries- yummy!
view from the bridge near the house
Karjaa - we love walking round this lake
Karjaa
Billnas
The sun through the clouds, reflected on the water at Billnas
 Depressingly the car radio en route reminded us that there's only 6 months til Christmas! AAAggghhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment