Saturday 27 August 2011

Boats!

Mum went home and Dad came to visit (they rarely travel together) so we move from textiles to water. Dad loves boats. There are Tall Ships in Turku this weekend, so Dad is here to see them, in addition to his grandchildren (oh, and me!).

We had a lovely sunset dinner cruise on Rudolfina, to Naantali & back and we also spent a whole day wandering along the river seeing the beautiful ships and soaking up the atmosphere of the buzzing riverside - 300,000 people are expected over the weekend. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Apologies for the picture quality - my beloved Canon EOS has ceased to be and I am relying the camera in my Nokia 8500. I have always used my Nokia for those everyday, random shots but would much prefer to use a "proper" camera for events like these. When funds permit, I'll get something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment